Avilon Zoo Review & DIY Travel Guide
I love Avilon Zoo.
Unlike Manila Zoo, Avilon Zoo is clean and well-maintained. The place is expansive, and the wide collection of animals look happy and healthy.
Avilon Zoo is a 7.5-hectare private property with beautifully landscaped gardens and four man-made lagoons filled with one of the largest freshwater fishes, arapaima. The zoo contains more than 3,000 animals belonging to over 500 species. They have birds of different colors, primates, arachnids, cats of various sizes (I have seen a live hyena for the first time!), farm animals, fishes, reptiles, and a lot more! Hmmm, better yet, watch this video blog we made for better appreciation of the place.
HOW TO GET TO AVILON ZOO
By Public Transpo
- From Edsa, Cubao ride a jeepney to San Mateo. If this option is not available, ride a Quezon City-bound jeepney and alight in Philcoa.
- Ride a jeepney in front of Jollibee en-route to San Mateo, Rizal. Tell the driver to drop you off the street leading to Avilon Zoo. (Fare is around ₱20- ₱30)
- From the drop-off point, commission a trysicel to bring you to the Avilon Zoo. (Fare is around ₱30- ₱50)
By Private Transpo
If using a private car, just use Waze for easier route and transportation.
- Be early if you want to watch the bird show at 10AM.
- Bring lots of water. Your body will require that as you go around the 7.5-hectare land.
- You’ll maximize your trip if you get a tour guide. The 400-peso costs os so worth it.
AVILON ZOO ADDRESS & FEES
Avilon Zoological Park
Address: 9003 GP Sitio Gulod, San Isidro, 1860 Rodriguez, Rizal
Operating Hours: 8AM-5PM (Monday to Sunday)
Entrance Fees: ₱800 for adult ** ₱600 for 1-12 years old ** FREE for 11 months old and below
OUR PLATE OF UNSOLICITED THOUGHTS
- Since food is not allowed, we hope the zoo can improve on their food quality and selection. If the administration can also lower the price, it would be awesome!
- Kudos for including proper waste disposal/management topic during the bird show. That’s a great way to encourage people, children especially, to care for Mother Nature. We just hope that all management & staff of the Avilon Zoo will walk their talk. Get rid of the single-use food containers and utensils in your in-house restaurant. That will create a big impact. Please.
- To tour guides, always remind the guests to turn off their cameras’ flash when taking photos. If they cannot adhere to this simple rule, please prohibit picture taking.
- To all guests, PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAMERA’S FLASH!
Thank you for dropping by!
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us in TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook Community Page for more updates, travel and parenting tips, or if you want to share your trip/parenting experiences with others. You can also visit and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos.
- If you are looking for a reliable travel agency to help you with your trips and itinerary, contact out travel partner Sole Adventours.