How to Get to Boracay from Kalibo Airport
Boracay Island, the most prominent beach island in the Philippines, is situated off the northwestern coast of Aklan province. All major airlines have daily flights to either Kalibo or Caticlan (aka Godofredo) airports – the two airports that serve Boracay-bound passengers.
Though both airports are located just 1 to 1.5 hours south of Metro Manila by plane, the transportation from either location to the promised island can make or break your Boracay escapade. The transfer can be very stressful (and expensive) if you do not know what to do. For your convenience, use this travel guide to bring yourself to your island destination.
How to get to Boracay Island from Kalibo Airport
Many travellers hoping to see Boracay opt to fly via Kalibo International Airport because most promo fares offered by airlines land there. The airfare rates of Kalibo-bound planes usually are half the price of those landing in Caticlan.
If you are going to Boracay Island from Kalibo International Airport, you can book your transfer online, or if you prefer DIY, simply follow the steps provided below for easier transportation:
- Upon landing in Kalibo International Airport, go out and look for the bus or van bound for Caticlan Jetty Port. One-way fare is PhP200 per person. Travel time from Kalibo to Caticlan is around 1-2 hours depending on your preferred kind of transportation.
- Upon arrival at the Caticlan Jetty Port, present your hotel booking confirmation and ID. If you do not have a hotel booking yet, you can find discounted deals here. All travelers without confirmed hotel reservation are NOT allowed to enter the island as of October 26, 2018.
- Go to the booths near the entrance of the port building and settle the Terminal Fee (PhP100), Environmental Fee (PhP75), and Ferry Fare (PhP25).
- Once inside the port building, you will have to fill up a piece of paper. This is for records and security of all passengers boarding the boat. You will then be directed to the next available boat bound for Cagban Port. Travel Time from Caticlan to Cagban Port takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Upon alighting at Cagban Port, find your way out and look for a tricycle or motorbike to bring you to your hotel. One-way special fare usually costs PhP100. If you want to save, take the communal tricycle rides with a terminal situated at the right-hand side of the port upon going out. Individual rate only costs PhP10. You will just have to wait for some time as the tricycles do not leave until they’re full of passengers.
Check out our recently concluded Boracay trip below. We traveled via the Kalibo International Airport (0:20-1:11)
BREAKDOWN OF EXPENSES
|Van from Kalibo to Caticlan Jetty Port||PhP200||per person / per way|
|Caticlan Jetty Port terminal fee||PhP100|
|Ferry Fare||PhP25||per person / per way|
|Tricycle/Motorcycle to hotel||PhP100|
If you want a hassle-free transfer, you can simply book below:
How to get to Boracay from Caticlan Airport
If you’re coming from Caticlan airport, you can simply take a tricycle to Caticlan Jetty Port. If time is not an issue, you can also walk to get to the port. Walking takes around 10 minutes. If you want a hassle-free transfer, you can book here for a minimum charge.
Sole Adventours, our travel agency partner, offers Boracay transfers with the following rates:
ONE WAY: PhP800 via Kalibo / PhP700 via Caticlan
ROUNDTRIP: PhP1600 via Kalibo / PhP1,400 via Caticlan
Mainland Bus/Van Transfer (via Kalibo or Caticlan)
Speedboat transfer from Jetty Port to Cagban Port
Access to Southwest exclusive Jetty Port Lounge
Shuttle transfer from Cagban Port to any Hotel in Boracay Island
Passenger insurance up to ₱100,000
24/7 Operation Hours. No extra night charge
- Whatever airport you choose, you must make your way to the Caticlan Jetty Port.
- If you want to save money, upon landing in your airport of choice, go out. Do not start a conversation with anyone who welcomes you as most of them will offer you a packaged ride to your resort. They are so persistent and their rates are outrageously expensive. Pretend that you know where you are going and what you are doing. Do not even look at them in the eyes. If you really need help, go directly to the tourism information.
- If you want to take advantage of a complete Boracay package, you may get in touch with our partner travel agency, Sole Adventours.
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook Community Page for more updates and travel tips, or visit and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos.
Thank you for dropping by!
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!