Boracay Island Hopping Guide
Boracay Island Hopping is a must-do activity when you visit the most prominent island of the Philippines. This will provide you with better views of what the island can offer. More than just white-sand shorelines, dynamic night parties, throngs of various delectable restaurants, hennas and braids, Boracay – on the other side – remained an unexploited splendor in spite of the tsunami of hype.
WHERE TO GO DURING BORACAY ISLAND HOPPING TOUR
Crystal Cove has a scenic appeal that can definitely capture the heart of a stranger. Formerly called Tigutian Island, this two-hectare land is covered with deep green vegetation amidst the clear turquoise saltwater. It has pathways that lead to picnic areas, two caves, a beautiful sandy beach, and remarkable underwater beauty. The whole island offers a panoramic view of the vast West Philippine Sea. An entrance fee of Php200 pesos per person will be collected upon arrival of guest/s.
What I do not like about this island though is the little zoo where you can find caged birds and other animals. I personally think it must be closed as it does not serve any purpose. The mini-zoo is too small, almost unnoticeable; and the hideous situations of the poor creatures – so awful.
Crocodile Island is very ideal for snorkeling. You can enjoy swimming with colorful fishes of different sizes and go home with a wonderful experience. Expect to pay Php20.00 per person for an environmental fee. The bread for fishes is already included in the package.
The Puka Shell Beach is a secluded beach. It is simple, beautiful, and serene compared to the Boracay beach proper. Here, you can find a private cove where you can go swimming without the crowd. Some souvenir shops are also available. Most of the items sold here cannot be found on the white beach.
HOW TO DO BORACAY ISLAND HOPPING TOUR
Boracay Island Hopping costs Php1,000 – Php1,500 per person if secured from a travel agency. We got ours for Php1,208 per person with buffet lunch, bread (for fish feeding), and a roundtrip shuttle service (pick-up from our hotel to drop-off station or activity area).
Other fees NOT INCLUDED in the package:
- Php20.00 per person – snorkeling fee to be collected during the tour
- Php200.00 per person – Crystal Cove entrance fee to be collected during the tour. This is optional.
BORACAY ISLAND HOPPING SAMPLE TOUR ITINERARY
0930 – Pick-up from your hotel to the activity site
0945 – Travel from the activity site to Puka Beach
1000 – Sightseeing at Puka Beach (approximately 1 hour)
1100 – Travel from Puka Beach to Coral Garden or Crocodile Island
1115 – Snorkeling at Crocodile Island (approximately 1 hour)
1215 – Travel from Crocodile Island to the Lunch Area
1230 – Lunch (approximately 1 hour)
1330 – Travel from the Lunch Area to Crystal Cove
1345 – Sightseeing at Crystal Cove (approximately 1 hour)
1445 – Travel from Crystal Cove to the activity site
1500 – Pick-up from the activity site to D’Mall
BORACAY ISLAND HOPPING TRAVEL TIPS
- Do not forget to bring your own drinking water.
- If you are taking advantage of the package from a travel agency, please note that the roundtrip shuttle service is only for guests staying at Station 1, 2, and 3 hotels. No free shuttle service pick-up from Diniwid and Yapak areas. You have to proceed to Budget Mart at D’Mall instead for the free pick-up. Click here to look for affordable Boracay accommodation.
- Bring snacks to munch on while traveling from island to island.
- You can do caving, snorkeling, swimming, sightseeing, and lots of picture taking, at Crystal Cove but if you do not want to pay the Php200 island fee, you can simply stay outside and enjoy swimming until the 1-hour Crystal Cove tour is up.
- Boracay island hopping tour packages being offered by tour/travel agencies are shared tours, so expect that you will be sharing a large motorized boat with other groups. There are boats that can accommodate 20 people, 30 people; the bigger ones can accommodate as many as 45 people. If you do not want to share a boat with strangers, you can opt to do a private island hopping tour. It is more expensive but at least you have all the boat to your group, and you will have more flexibility with your itinerary.
- If you want to take advantage of Boracay Island Hopping Tour Package, you may get in touch with our partner travel agency, Sole Adventours.
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook Community Page for more updates and travel tips about Underground River Tour and Puerto Princesa or visit our YouTube Channel for videos.
BORACAY COVID 19 TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Screenshot of the OHDC confirmation (Go to www.touristboracay.com and choose Boracay)
- Proof of identification with Philippine Residency
- RT-PCR Negative Result Certificate (saliva, nasopharyngeal, or oropharyngeal) with the date of extraction within 72 hours to date of travel. Check here for the list of licensed Covid-19 Testing Laboratory in the Philippines. Kids 2 years old and below are exempted from the RTPCR. (Please note that you still need a negative RTPCR result even if you’re already fully vaccinated.)
- Copy of the confirmed booking slip/form from a Boracay accommodation establishment with DOT CAO.
- Roundtrip flight/travel details. Only Caticlan Airport can be used by those traveling via air.
- Copy of the PENDING S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit (TCP). Check this link. RTPCR is required to apply for S-Pass/TCP
You can book Boracay Island Half-Day Tour below:
Thank you for dropping by!
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!