Camaya Coast Bataan – Review and Travel Guide
Camaya Coast is a 450-hectare residential development situated in Mariveles, Bataan. This community has a beach resort with a coastal length of around 3.2 kilometers and includes two coves. The marketing phrase “The Little Boracay of Bataan” being used by the developer, Earth and Shore Leisure Communities, catches the attention of many investors.
We have been eyeing to visit Camaya Coast Bataan since last year as we see lots of visually appealing posters and flyers highlighting its beauty, but we never got a chance to see it. So when a friend invited us to visit Camaya Coast on a day tour two weeks ago, we sighed a sure “Go”!
CAMAYA COAST DAY TOUR
A day tour to Camaya Coast costs ₱999 per person with the following inclusions:
- Roundtrip ferry transfers
- Infinity pool entrance and beach access
- Free entrance to Aqua Fun
- Free use of tables and chairs at the garden area
- Complimentary use of volleyball area and bikes
Since we have been invited by our friend Hulios, whose family owns a property there, we did not pay anything when we visited. All we had to do was listen to the property presentation of one of the real estate agents.
HOW TO GET TO CAMAYA COAST
Our transportation to Camaya Coast had been arranged days prior to our departure. We simply went to SM Mall of Asia Seaside Esplanade Terminal at Pasay City and someone assisted us throughout. Everything went smoothly, and we paid nothing. However, for the sake of everybody who plans to visit the place, see below the different ways to reach the Camaya Coast (lifted from the Camaya Coast website).
- Secure your ferry ticket booking confirmation here or through the agent/broker.
- Head to SM Mall of Asia Seaside Esplanade Terminal at Pasay City at least 1 hour before your time of departure. Travel time is less than 2 hours.
- From the port terminal, you will ride a van that will bring you directly to Camaya Coast Beach Resort.
By Land trough SCTEX
- From NLEX, take SCTEX exit and ply towards Subic, Olongapo.
- Take Dinalupihan exit and turn right along Roman Superhighway towards Bataan passing Hermosa, Abucay, Balanga, Pilar and Limay.
- You will reach Mariveles town proper after passing the zigzag road.
By Land trough Olongapo-Gapan Road
- From NLEX, take San Fernando exit.
- Ply the Olongapo-Gapan road going to Subic passing San Fernando, Guagua and Lubao in Pampanga.
- Upon reaching Layac in Dinalupihan Bataan (around 77 km to the site), go straight along Roman Superhighway towards Hermosa, passing Abucay, Balanga, Pilar, and Limay.
- You will reach Mariveles town proper after passing the zigzag road.
From Mariveles Town Proper (Jollibee Marker)
- From Jollibee, go straight after crossing the bridge.
- Turn left upon reaching 7-11. Go straight along Ricarte St. (Also called Lakandula St.) for about 300 meters.
- Turn right at the intersection, passing the arch of Brgy. San Isidro.
- Go straight and take the right side of the Y-road (after Bataan Trans Depot) to Balon Anito.
- Ply the National road passing San Isidro and Balon Anito all the way to Sitio Wain (Camaya Coast Gate).
WHAT TO DO IN CAMAYA COAST / ACTIVITIES IN CAMAYA COAST
True to its marketing phrase, Camaya Coast really has the Boracay vibe. You can relax in one of the benches dotting the resort while enjoying a glass of pina colada as you listen to a live band playing. You can also try playing volleyball or basketball, biking, or kayaking. If you have kids in tow or if you want to nurture the kid in you, there is Aqua Fun Waterpark where you can find giant slides and water playgrounds. You might also fancy taking a dip in their infinity pool.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT CAMAYA COAST
- For those who want to stay overnight (this is a very good option if you are coming from Manila), you can book a room in Camaya Sands Plaza Hotel or in Aqua Fun Hotel. Room rates start at ₱5,300. Camaya Sands Plaza Hotel is the one conveniently located in front of the beach.
- Shop outlets and restaurants are available in the resort but prices are higher than those you can find in Metro Manila.
- No ATMs available in the area.
- No outside food allowed. Guards inspect bags before entering the premises and packed foods are confiscated.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT CAMAYA COAST
If the below sentences that we lifted from Wikipedia are true then we love this place!
“Camaya Coast is focused on promoting eco-tourism. Thirty percent of the area is kept as natural forest reserves with an array of fruit trees including star apples, mangoes, and cashew nuts and some orchids. The forest is also a habitat for wild goats, wild boars, and exotic birds.”
WHAT WE DO NOT LIKE ABOUT CAMAYA COAST
- Foods are expensive, and they do not allow guests to bring baon. All of their restaurants can be seen in Metro Manila but the prices on their menu are 10% to 20% higher. We hope they can add more affordable food stalls that offer local delicacies.
- The ferry does not dock directly at the resort. The one-hour ferry ride from MOA to the port, plus the one-hour van ride from the port to the resort, was tiring. Day tour, if you are coming from the Manila area, is not ideal.
- So many people on weekends. It is very difficult to enjoy the place during weekends and holidays as the swimming pool, and even the beach area, gets so crowded.
LOVE. EAT. WANDER. SAY
Camaya Coast is a nice place for people who are looking for a vacation house or a retirement place to invest in but not as a tourist attraction. If your purpose is to simply temporarily leave Manila for a day or two to enjoy the sky, sun, and sand, we personally think Canyon Cove in Batangas is a better option.
If you have ample time, embark on an insightful day tour at Las Casas Filipinas de Azucar and experience Spanish beauty and culture as you commemorate tales that shaped the Philippines during the Spanish colonial era.
You may also stay overnight in one of the 17 guest rooms of Las Casas Filipinas de Azucar. This hotel is located next to the beach so you can enjoy swimming as well. All rooms are decorated in a mixture of Filipino-Spanish style. Each villa has its own story and is equipped with modern amenities for guests’ comfort. lt is an ideal accommodation choice placed in a historical setting. You can book here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All information in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change anytime without notice. Should you know the updated information, or if you want to add something in this travel guide, please leave a message below for the reference of other travelers.
Thank you for helping us in keeping this article updated.
Thank you for dropping by!
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Community Page for more updates, travel and parenting tips, or if you want to share your trip/parenting experiences with others. You can also visit our YouTube Channel for videos.
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!