Hibiscus Camp and Garden Resort
Several minutes after we visited the Ocampo Deer Farm, the rain poured. I’m not sure if the heaven shed tears of joy because I went back to my hometown after a decade of staying away, or if it wanted to send us back to Metro Manila as I am no longer welcome there. If It was the latter, we did not heed its call. We went back to our car and JimBry drove aimlessly.
Our meandering brought us to a beautiful resort overlooking the city, around 15-20 minutes away from the deer farm. The place we found was dubbed as the Little Baguio of Bicol by the locals, maybe because of the zigzag road that resembles that of Kennon, the coolness of the place and the high altitude. Yes, there were similarities but that place was way better than Baguio. It’s more picturesque, beautiful, relaxing, and peaceful. Good thing owner gave it a different name – Hibiscus Camp and Garden Resort. Better.
HOW TO GET TO HIBISCUS CAMP AND GARDEN RESORT
Entrance Fee: ₱100 (The owner messaged us to say that children/seniors/PWDs enjoy 50% discount. So they only pay ₱50)
- PAL and Cebu Pacific have direct flights daily to Naga Airport (which actually is in the municipality of Pili).
- From the airport, take a tricycle to reach the highway. (Fare is ₱20)
- From the highway, you may ride a bus, a jeepney, or a van bound for San Jose, Goa, Tigaon or Sagnay. If you are coming from Naga City, from the Central Bus Terminal buses, jeepneys and vans ply direct the Ocampo-Naga routes. (Fare is ₱30-₱50)
- Tell the driver or conductor to drop you off the intersection or the main Ocampo junction in Barangay Sta. Cruz, a few kilometers after the municipal town proper.
- From there, hire a motor or habal–habal to take you the Hibiscus Camp & Garden Resort. It’s an 8-kilometer drive uphill passing valleys and vast green fields.
Note: Tell the driver to wait as there are no other means of returning.
By Private Cars
- From Naga City, take the Diversion Road towards Pili, Cam Sur.
- When you reach the junction at Anayan, take the left turn going to Ocampo. Travel time is approximately 30 minutes.
- You will pass by the entrance of Consocep Mountain Resort and Nature Park, and a few meters up ahead, just along the road, is the Hibiscus Camp and Garden Resort.
If you are coming from Metro Manila, you may book a bus ticket bound for Naga below:
- Negotiate with the motorcycle or the habal–habal driver. Haggle on the price. The roundtrip fare must not be more than ₱150. If you have ample time, ask the driver to also bring you to the deer farm.
- The best time to visit Hibiscus Camp and Garden Resort is during summer (March-May) as the temperature in the area drops during the rainy season, and you won’t enjoy swimming in Hibiscus Garden Resort’s three-tiered swimming pool if you’re freezing, right?
- If you are traveling in a big group, it would be best to rent a jeepney from Naga City. Rental fee is around₱1,500.
- Bring food and hydration. Although there’s a store in the area, they only serve snacks and soda as refreshments.
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook Community Page for more updates and travel tips. You can also subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos.
WHERE TO STAY
Thank you for dropping by!
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!