Microblading 101 – All You Need to Know
Microblading is the most popular in the vanity world now when it comes to achieving thicker and fuller-looking arches. But what exactly is microblading and what are the things you ought to know before your first brow tattoo appointment?
This microblading guide was written after going through the process myself in order to provide you with the most helpful tips.
What is microblading?
Microblading is a new semi-permanent make-up technique where pigment is being inserted into the upper layers of the skin (mimicking the eyebrow hairs) in order to achieve the desired brow shape — with the fuller and thicker look. Depending on the skin type, the effect can last up to 2 years. When the pigment fades away, the skin and the brows will be back to their original, natural look.
What are the steps in microblading?
- The client consults with the artist about the best brow shape for his/her face. In some beauty centers, clients are given options on pigment colors but with Gab Pigmentation, Cavite, the artist decides on what color to use, usually the one that matches the natural hair color and skin undertone of the client.
- The brow area is then cleaned and numbed for the treatment. (40 minutes to 1 hour)
- Instead of using a tattoo machine, eyebrow artist uses a handheld tool to manually draw hair strokes. (30-40 minutes)
- An ointment will be applied to the treated area.
How much does microblading cost?
Microblading costs around PhP12,000 – PhP15,000. Gab Pigmentation Cavite offers the procedure for only PhP2,999 (2 sessions) until April 30, 2019.
You may also inform the staff that you were referred by Missy of Love. Eat. Wander. so you can take advantage of the PhP2,999 rate.
Avoid excessive sun exposure for at least 10 days as this can fade the ink. Also, avoid activities that promote sweating such as gym or saunas for at least 10 days as the sweat can push the ink out of the skin.
Are there any microblading side effects?
There’s no major side effect that I experienced with #microblading, just the bearable pain during and after the procedure and little itching during the healing process. Be careful though as an infection is possible if you don’t follow proper aftercare procedures.
When should you get a microblading touch-up?
Retouch depends completely on your own personal preference. However, it is recommended to get top-up between 3 to 4 months to ensure all lines and color have taken, as well as giving you a chance to make minor changes such as extra strokes.
Post-care – What to do after microblading?
Gab Pigmentation, Cavite provides aftercare products that you must use after microblading procedure. Be sure to follow the aftercare instructions carefully and apply necessary products religiously.
Is it worth it?
Yes! If you want to improve the appearance of your brows and you’re not afraid of needles, microblading is most certainly worth a shot.
Thank you for dropping by!
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook Community Page for more updates on travel and parenting tips, or if you want to share your trip/parenting experiences with others. You can also visit our YouTube Channel for videos.
Special thanks to Sir Arbie of Gab Pigmentation, Cavite for making my eyebrows fantabulous!
If you have questions, just leave a comment below. W