Panglao Grande Resort Review – Bohol, Philippines
Panglao Grande Resort offers breathtaking beach views of the island, Bohol. The place is a tropical paradise boasting white-sand shorelines, matured palm trees, and crystal clear waters reflecting the azure sky. Around the properties are sun loungers and hammocks to help you relax while enjoying the majestic seascape. You will definitely enjoy basking under the sun, listening to the sound of nature, and watching the gentle waves kissing the shoreline during your stay here.
We stayed for three days in Panglao Grande Resort when we visited Bohol, and we loved the place. Although rooms were not very well-maintained and the restaurant served expensive foods with inferior quality, the place itself was a keeper. It was so peaceful that we achieved the perfect vacation we signed for. We went home happy with a relaxed body and mind.
PANGLAO GRANDE ROOMS
The resort offers decent room accommodations with prices that range from ₱2,300 for the standard rooms to ₱4,500 for their high-end executive double rooms. When you’re lucky, you can find their air-conditioned standard rooms for as low as ₱600 per night by clicking here.
PANGLAO GRANDE FACILITIES & AMENITIES
- All rooms have air-conditioning, hot and cold shower, and cable wall-mounted televisions; some of the rooms have refrigerators included.
- WiFi access is also available but not all areas of the resort have good reception.
- Small swimming pool to soak in during low tide.
- Panglao Grande Resort also offers activities such as guided city or inland town tours, dolphin watching, and island hopping tours.
PANGLAO GRANDE ADDRESS – LOCATION
Address: Arko Beaches Brgy. Libaong, Panglao, Bohol, Philippines 6340
Contact Number/s: +639089586878
Panglao Grande Resort is only a 30-minute drive from the city and 15 minutes away from the newly opened Panglao airport. If you are coming from Tagbilaran Port, the most common connection point for those tourists coming from Cebu, you can hire a tricycle to Panglao Grande Resort. The tricycle rate is ₱450 for a one-way ride good for 2-4 people; the taxi rate is ₱600.
RELATED LINK: CEBU TO BOHOL FERRY DIY TRAVEL GUIDE
If you want to enjoy Bohol nightlife which can be experienced in Alona Beach, you can take a 15-minute tricycle ride that costs ₱50 per person per way.
HOW TO BOOK A ROOM AT PANGLAO GRANDE RESORT
With the advent of technology, booking a room should be easy. You can simply go to the resort website and book there or you can book below and take advantage of their promos.
PANGLAO GRANDE RESORT STAFF & SERVICE
During our stay, Panglao Grande Resort staff were all friendly and accommodating. They were always smiling and very approachable. When Skye was stung by a bee, one of their staff offered to buy ice tubes and vinegar to use as an antidote.
DISADVANTAGES OF PANGLAO GRANDE RESORT
- There is no direct way into the resort. It is unluckily in the middle of a right of way legal battle so guests are requested to enter through the Dumaluan Public Beach where each person is required to pay ₱25 entrance fee. The first entry to the resort will be covered by Panglao Grande Resort but the succeeding entrance fees will no longer be refunded. So if you will have activities like Countryside Tours, or if you will visit Alona Beach, or if you simply want to go out of Bolod Beach / Dumaluan Beach, then you will have to pay the ₱25 entrance fee every time you go back to the hotel. Imagine if you are 10 in a group, boohoo! Quite a lagger.
- Since there is no direct access to the resort, there’s also no parking area if you have to bring or rent a car. Parking will also be in Dumaluan Beach and they charge an overnight parking fee of ₱300.
- The entrance/exit point Dumaluan Public Beach is also 15 minutes of walk away to/from Panglao Grande Resort. Although scenic, just think if you arrive at midday when the sun shines the hottest and you have lots of luggage with you. That would be a vacation bummer, isn’t it? Although you can request for the resort staff to meet you at the entrance to help you carry your stuff, walking to and from the resort to Dumaluan’s gate could be tiresome.
- The resort restaurant, aside from it offers expensive food with inferior quality, is unreliable. It opens only when it feels like it. Ha! Ha! There are still other restaurant options around the area so it’s easy not to mind this issue.
- Beware of bugs on the sun loungers.
OUR PANGLAO GRANDE RESORT REVIEW IN A NUTSHELL
Despite the numerous disadvantages, we really liked the relaxed and tranquil ambiance of Panglao Grande Resort, and in general, the Bolod Beach where the resort is situated. I will choose it over Alona Beach in a heartbeat. The shoreline is also longer and the beach is more inviting.
Thank you for dropping by!
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Community Page for more updates, travel and parenting tips, or if you want to share your trip/parenting experiences with others. You can also visit our YouTube Channel for videos.
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!