PICO DE LORO RESORT, HOTEL, & SPA – HAMILO COAST
We initially planned to bring our daughter to Manila Ocean Park but she told us she prefers swimming. Since ‘twas pretty hot that day, we all agreed to her idea. We packed our travel stuff and left home without any plans on where to go. The only thing we knew is that we want to stay overnight in a beach resort with a swimming pool.
Batangas is the most logical option.
While on the road, I tried calling several hotels and resorts but most of them are fully booked; maybe because it’s a weekend, and it’s Holy Week. We were ready to give up our beach resort overnight stay plan and just look for any place with a swimming pool when we found a condotel for rent in AirBnB. The unit available is one of the residential condominium rooms in Pico De Loro Hamilo Coast (aka Pico De Loro Beach & Country Club) which the owner rents out for ₱6,800 per night. We grabbed it right away, paid the full amount via credit card, called the owner for instructions, and maneuvered our way to the rendezvous.
ABOUT PICO DE LORO RESORT / HAMILO COAST RESORT
Pico De Loro Hamilo Coast is a 20-hectare exclusive residential resort in Nasugbu, Batangas. You can get access to the resort and its facilities/amenities by booking a room in Pico Sands Hotel or by renting one of the residential units through AirBnB or Agoda. The resort is surrounded by verdant mountains, vast seas, a beautiful manmade lagoon, and a country club with an infinity pool.
The unit we booked was a studio room with a queen bed, a sitting area, a fully equipped kitchen, an ensuite bathroom, and a veranda with a mountain view. We did not enjoy the mountain view because they were denuding the poor mountains when we visited. Construction for new facilities was ongoing. It was hot and humid also that it was unbearable to stay on the veranda.
Each condotel for rent offers a balcony with either a mountain view or a lake view. The lake view is better.
WHERE TO BOOK
- Airbnb – You can book condo units here. Each unit offers a different theme, layout, and amenities. Rates differ, too.
- Pico Sands Hotel – This option is more expensive, but it comes with free breakfast and access to the beach club. You can book hotel rooms here.
- Agoda – This site offers multiple options. You can directly book a condo unit or one of the hotel rooms. You can easily compare prices, too! Book here.
- Klook – We usually use this site for booking travel activities, but it is also good when looking for rooms to rent. You can get your Overnight Stay at Pico de Loro Hamilo Coast Guest House here.
Aside from the unit rental, each non-member visitor is required to pay an entrance fee to access the resort facilities. See below rates:
|SEASON||ADULT RATE||CHILD RATE (4-12 yrs old)|
|Lean Season (all weekdays of January to February; July to November)||₱800||₱300|
|Peak Season (All weekends of January to February; July to November; All weekdays of March to June, and December; All holidays of the year)||₱1200||₱600|
|High Season (All weekends of March to June, and December)||₱1500||₱700|
NOTE: Weekends start on Friday until Sunday. Weekdays refer to Monday to Thursday. Children who are 4 years old and below are FREE of charge.
The guest fee is good for 1 week. It includes access to the following:
- Pico Beach
- Country Club Swimming Pool
- Shower & locker rooms
- Shuttle service
AMENITIES, FACILITIES, & ATTRACTIONS IN PICO DE LORO HAMILO COAST
- Kiddie pools and an infinity pool facing the lake with lounge chairs for relaxing.
- A fish feeding area with colorful koi and other fishes.
- A hanging bridge that leads to the small islet in the middle of the lake is perfect for a photo shoot.
- The famous Pico de Loro Cove is where you can enjoy walking along the brown fine sand, swimming in the calm and clear waters, and breathing in the glory of the amazing sunset while enjoying a can of beer and a box of pizza. There’s a restaurant available by the shore.
- Walking trails around the expansive manmade lagoon.
- Lots of free parking spaces. Each building has a designated parking space where you could park your car for free.
- Free shuttle service every 5-15 minutes from 6AM to 10PM daily.
- A church with amazing views of blue seas and green mountains, perfect for muni-muni and weddings. It can also be accessed from the beach. Just follow the pathway and climb several steps. Use the free shuttle service if you do not want to shed off some fats.
- A gymnasium, a basketball court, and a clinic.
- A well-maintained Country Club that contains restaurants and shops.
Aside from frolicking by the seashore, downing cans of beer at the restaurant, or swimming in the infinity pool, there are other activities you can do in Hamilo Coast Pico de Loro such as:
Beach Activities: Cove Tour, Kayak, Volleyball, Football, Frisbee, Banana boat, Water taxi, Jet ski, Snorkeling, fishing, and Paddleboarding
Country Club Activities: Billiards, Board games, Basketball, Bowling, Badminton, Squash, Table tennis, Covered Tennis Court, Gym, Video, and Karaoke Room
These activities are not for free though.
HOW TO GET TO PICO DE LORO RESORT, HOTEL, & SPA / HAMILO COAST
By public transportation
- From Manila terminals, take a bus bound for Nasugbu, Batangas.
- When you reach the town proper, alight at Savemore or Jollibee
- Hire a tricycle to Hamilo Coast (roughly ₱200 per trip). After arrival in the registration area, you can request a shuttle to your unit (₱200 per person).
By Private Car
The best way to get to Pico de Loro resort is via private car. It’s Waze-able so there should be a problem finding it. Travel time is 2-3 hours from Metro Manila. You can also use the Google Map below:
Take note that from the main gate, it’s another several kilometers drive to get to the resort proper, so it would definitely be better to bring your own car.
- There are no ATMs inside the resort so make sure to keep a stash of cash if you do not want to use debit/credit cards for payments.
- Bring supplies. Cook your own meals. Take advantage of the fully equipped kitchen available because the foods/supplies inside the resort are expensive to the nth level.
- Travel in a group so you can maximize the cost of the unit rental and divide expenses among yourselves. Also, stay longer. The entrance fee is good for one week, so staying 2-3 days would be rad!
- Visit Hamilo Coast Pico De Loro Resort during the lean season. Aside from that, it’s more affordable, and less crowded too!
LOVE. EAT. WANDER. SAYS
Overall, expensive. The cost of the room we rented was ₱6,800+ overnight. Expensive for a unit without a working WiFi and a busted TV. Since it was Holy Week, we paid additional ₱4,000 (2 adults + 1 kid) entrance fees to have access to the resort facilities.
The registration process at Hamilo Coast main gate took us forever, 40 minutes or more. I am sure they are working on that. Balitaan nyo kami!
No walk-ins are allowed.
Help us keep this travel guide updated. If there are changes in rates and other information indicated in this post, please find a time to leave a comment below for the reference of other travelers.
Thank you for dropping by!
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Community Page for more updates, travel, and parenting tips, or if you want to share your trip/parenting experiences with others. You can also visit our YouTube Channel for videos.
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!