Tarapumwesto Cavite Tapsilogan
Situated in a small and narrow street in Noveleta, Cavite lies one of the most prominent tapsilogan in Cavite that goes by the unique name Tarapumwesto. This small food house boasts an almost-perfect rating in various social media platform for its delicious servings. In fact, it had already been featured in national television so there’s no wonder why a lot of people come here to get a table and have a taste of their food served in “frying pans and sauce pans”.
I think the name came from the Tagalog words “Tara” and “Pumwesto” which means “Let’s go, take a seat”.
FOOD AND RATES
One important thing about Tarapumwesto is its innovative way of presentation. The food house’s menu was posted on a cover of a pot and frying pans (kawali) serve as plates. Beverages were housed in mason jars (PhP35 per jar) and tea pots (PhP100 per tea pot) while an order of rice was served on a small pot (kaldero). So cute, yeah?!
We ordered Chicharong Bulaklak (PhP130), Chicken Inasal (PhP120), Chicken Sizzling Tapa (PhP140), and the veggie salad.
All of our orders were fine but nothing extraordinary. Serving is okay. What we really loved about the place was the affordability of dishes!
The ambiance unpretentious, nothing fancy. It’s just okay for a quick meal and not a good place to celebrate something or to unwind.
How to get to Tarapumwesto by Commute
- From Manila, ride a bus bound for Tagaytay and alight at SM Bacoor.
- When you are in SM Bacoor, simply ride a bus bound for Cavite City.
- Tell the driver to drop you off at San Rafael 3 Barangay Hall in Noveleta.
- Enter the narrow street across the barangay hall and look for the two-story house with the Tarapuwesto signage!
How to get to Tarapumwesto by Car or Private Transportation
- Just follow Waze’s instructions until you reach Noveleta.
- Upon reaching Noveleta, just ask locals where to find San Rafael 3 Barangay Hall as the one pinned in Waze is not the right location. (Do not ask locals about Tarapuwesto because from our experience, most of them are not aware of the place. We asked 4 random strangers before someone was able to provide information about Tarapumwesto.)
- When you reach San Rafael 3 Barangay Hall, you have to park your vehicle along the road (that’s the only option) and enter the narrow street across the barangay hall.
- Look for the two-story house with the Tarapuwesto signage!
Hours of operation: Monday to Sunday 11AM to 12MN
- WiFi is available.
- The place was small. It can only accommodate around 15 people. A bench was available outside so people can sit down while waiting for their turns.
- Tarapumwesto is situated along the Manila Cavite Road in Noveleta which is supposedly a great location for us as it’s very accessible from our home in Imus, Cavite; BUT the traffic going there is unforgiving. The 15-minute travel time took us almost 2 hours!
- No parking space.
STAFF AND SERVICE
The staff were well-trained and very accommodating. They go extra miles to make sure customers are happy and satisfied with their services.
Check our other restaurant reviews here.
Disclaimer: We are not professional food critics. Ghaad, we cannot even cook a decent meal. We just love eating and
criticizing (lol)recording our experiences. That given, please do not take our word against us, as our reviews are solely of our personal opinion, purpose and consumption. We may be swayed, subjected, or somehow influenced by background, sex, religion, nationality, affiliation, and experiences.
Thank you for dropping by! Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!