VALENTINO SPA & RESORT REVIEW & TRAVEL GUIDE
We have been kept inside our dwelling for heaven knows how long already. I cannot even go out to do groceries or shopping because of the fear of acquiring the covid virus. The past week, however, I had a serious case of cabin fever that I need to deal with immediately because I can no longer contain the frustration stemming from being cooped up for too long. So the first instance I saw that we can use a little vacay, I muted any apprehensions and booked away!
Actually, I saw a very nice and relaxing view of a place on a photo story shared by my FB friend, Markey. I messaged him how the place is, if they accept kids, and what are the requirements.
“The place is great. Kids are allowed. They do not require anything. Just come here.” Were his answers!
So I immediately grab my phone and verified some information, and booked a room!
Table of Contents
ABOUT THE PLACE
The place, Valentino Spa & Resort in Lipa, Batangas is a worth-visiting resort that offers invigorating spaces and tons of Instagram-ready nooks. It combined health spa and luxurious resort of international standards. This expansive retreat sits just a few hours away from Metro Manila — a nice go-to place if you want to swim and relax (according to my 6-year-old daughter who’s beside me while writing this).
Address: Brgy. Pinagtung-Ulan, San Jose, Batangas, Philippines
Contact numbers: (043) 773 433 | 0918- 4952338
E-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of this writing, the resort does not require anything from guests. No travel pass. No health certificate. Not even a rapid/swab test! No nothing! No checkpoints going to and from the place, too!
- Spa (not available during our visit)
- Several swimming pools
- Function halls
- Volleyball / Badminton areas
- Children playground
- Jogging tracks
VALENTINO RESORT & SPA RATES
For its grandness, the place offers surprisingly affordable rates. Please see below:
Day Tour: 7AM – 5PM
Day Tour Entrance Fees
Small Cabana: ₱350 (can fit 2-3 persons)
Medium Cabana: ₱550 (can fit 10 persons)
Big Cabana: ₱850 (can fit 15-20 persons)
They have rooms available for all kinds of groups/budgets. The cheapest room available is ₱2,500 for a standard suite room, good for 2 persons with breakfast. They also have several villas that can accommodate as many as 36 persons for only ₱19,800! Additional person is charged at ₱800. Pavilions for big events are available, too.
HOW TO GET THERE
By Private Car
Valentino Resort & Spa is waze-able. Just drop its name in the app and presto! It can also be found through Google maps.
Wherever you are coming from, ride your way going to Lemery Batangas and ask the driver/conductor to drop you off at Pinagtung-ulan. If you are coming from Metro Manila, DLTB and JAM Liner buses ply this route. You can also say to drop you off at Corcolon Lomi House or Valentino Resort and Spa. From the highway, you can walk to the resort or ride a tricycle.
TRAVEL TIPS | THINGS TO REMEMBER
- To avoid hassles, make a reservation even if you are only doing a day trip. Cabanas are limited and you might end up not being able to enter the place if you just walk in. Renting a cabana is required for walk-in clients.
- Do not bring your pets. They are not allowed.
- There’s a corkage fee if you will bring in cooked food. We recommend dining at the Maria restaurant. They offer good food and big servings for reasonable prices.
- The place is open from 7AM to 10PM only. Needless to say, if you walk in past 10PM looking for a room, you won’t be able to talk to any soul.
- Visit the place during weekdays to avoid the crowd.
- Check-in for those who book a room is at 2PM and check-out is at 12NN. A security deposit of ₱1,000 is required per room.
- The resort is not accepting credit cards so bring cash.
- Bring bug spray/insect repellent. Mosquitoes and ants are everywhere!
- There’s no WiFi which I think is just fine as it will force you to bond with your family/friends. Although you can always use data. It can be disadvantageous though if you have to work and need access online.
- If you are in the peak of your youth and has lots of strength to spare, this resort is a perfect side trip after scaling the famous Mt. Maculot.
LOVE. EAT. WANDER. EXPERIENCE
Iskay enjoyed it a lot! She did not leave the pool until her lips turned blue.
It’s a rarity to find a resort that’s surrounded by greeneries nowadays. Valentino Resort and Spa is definitely a breath of fresh air.
Do not expect much about the rooms, though. The one we booked (deluxe) was not well-maintained and the TV was busted hahaha! But it’s okay. The ₱3,800 we paid is very worth it.
It was a nice place. We will go back and bring the in-laws.
Other Batangas activities you can try/check:
Thank you for dropping by!
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us on TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook Community Page for more updates, travel and parenting tips, or if you want to share your trip/parenting experiences with others. You can also visit our YouTube Channel for videos.\
Help us keep this travel guide updated. If there are changes in rates and other information indicated in this post, please find a time to leave a comment below for the reference of other travellers.
If you want to be featured or contribute an article, please send an email to email@example.com
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!