Boracay DIY Travel Guide
Boracay is the most prominent beach destination in the Philippines for leisure travellers. It is known not only within the Philippine archipelago but also around the world. Various global publications noted Boracay as one of the World’s Best Beaches and Islands. No wonder a lot of tourists that travel to the Philippines make sure to include the island in their itinerary.
If you are travelling to Boracay for the first time, this detailed travel guide will make it easier for you to plan your trip, save money, and maximize your time.
HOW TO GET TO BORACAY ISLAND
All major airlines have daily flights to either Kalibo or Caticlan airports – the two airports that serve Boracay-bound passengers. Many travelers opt to fly via Kalibo because most promo fares offered by airlines land there. The cost of transfer from Kalibo to Boracay island is around PhP600 if coming from Kalibo, PhP500 from Caticlan airport.
You may check the links below for discounted Boracay land/airport transfers:
- Van/Bus Transfer to Boracay from Kalibo International Airport (KLO)
- Van/Bus Transfer to Boracay Godofredo P. Ramos or Caticlan (MPH) Airport
You can find detailed article on how to get to the Boracay island from Kalibo/Caticlan airport in this link.
Make sure to book your accommodation early. All tourists are now required to present hotel booking/s before they can board a boat bound for the island. Also, only those that are DOT-accredited hotels/resorts are allowed to accept tourists. Click this link to see the updated list of DOT-accredited hotels, resorts, and inns.
Here are some of the important things to remember when booking your accommodation in Boracay:
- Do not book Airbnb because they are not part of the DOT-compliant accommodations list.
- Make sure to secure a booking confirmation voucher from your hotel to avoid inconvenience. You have to present it upon arrival at Caticlan Jetty Port.
- If you have relatives who reside in the Boracay island and you are staying with them, you can ask them to fill out a form at the Caticlan Jetty Port signifying that you are their kin so you will be allowed access to the island.
There are a lot of accommodation options to choose from in Boracay. You may check this link to check available hotels online or see our suggested hotels below. Just click on the image to book a room and to know more about the property.
WHERE TO EAT IN BORACAY
There are a lot of restaurant options in Boracay from affordable carenderias to mid-range food houses and high-end restaurants. If you are adventurous enough, you can find good-tasting rice meals (with drinks included) along the main road and inner alleys for only PhP100.
If you are travelling in a group, D’Talipapa is a popular food place where you can buy seafoods and fresh ingredients and have one of the surrounding eateries cook them for you – also known as paluto. Make sure to ask first how much the paluto fee is so will not be surprised when your bill arrives. If your resort/inn allow guests to cook or prepare their own food, then you can choose to prepare your own food instead.
WHAT TO DO / PLACES TO VISIT IN BORACAY
Boracay is enjoyed by many because of the diversity of activities available in the island. If you have budget, it is easy to keep yourself busy as you will not run out of things to do.
Below are the attractions you might want to consider.
|Parasailing (15 minutes)||PhP1,800 / PhP1,500||1 person / 2-3 persons|
|Jet Ski (15 minutes)||PhP2,000 / unit|
|Jet Ski (30 minutes)||PhP2,500 / unit|
|Jet Ski (1 hour)||PhP4,000 / unit|
|Jet Ski Tour (1 hour)||PhP5,000||Additional PhP2,500 for the guide fee|
|Banana Boat||PhP250 / person||Minimum of 5 persons|
|Fly Fish||Php600/person||Minimum of 3 persons|
|UFO (15 minutes)||PhP600/person|
|Wake Boarding (15 minutes)||PhP1,350||Additional PhP500 for instructor fee|
|Wake Boarding (30 minutes)||PhP3,000||Additional PhP500 for instructor fee|
|Boat Rental (good for 5 persons)||PhP5,500 / hour||Additional PhP500 each in excess of 5|
You can also climb Mt. Luho, the highest peak of the island, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the mountains and seas. Boracay Island Hopping tour is also a great option; but for now, most of the islets included in the tour are still closed for rehabilitation.
You can directly contact our travel partner, Sole Adventours, for booking of Boracay hotels and tours. They also offer all-in Boracay tour packages.
BORACAY TRAVEL TIPS
- Boracay hotel rates are relatively cheaper during off-peak season (June-October).
- You can save money by booking your Boracay trip in advance. Air fares are relatively cheaper when booked several months before your travel date/s. Check prices online and pre-book discounts below:
We wish that you have a memorable stay in the new and improved Boracay. And please help keep island the clean so we can all enjoy it for years to come.
- If you want to take advantage of a complete Boracay package, you may get in touch with our partner travel agency, Sole Adventours.
- For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our INSTAGRAM PAGE or follow us in TWITTER.
- Be part of Love. Eat. Wander. Facebook Community Page for more updates and travel tips, or visit and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for videos.
Thank you for dropping by!
Should you want to add/dispute something in this article, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!